Thursday, September 29, 2016

Capturing Images The SATR Way: How I Take Shots Using A Smartphone

"Taking pictures is savoring life intensively, every hundredth of a second."~Marc Riboud
Taking photos may be easy to some, however, there's more with just taking photos. And since Surprises Along The Road is about traveling and lifestyle in which won't be complete without photos, I might as well share to you how I shoot the photos I have shared in my blog posts.

I always bring with me my phone, iPhone 5 specifically, to entertain calls and messages from my contact list, browse the internet, play games, and take pictures. Know that I'm not that kind of person who always take pictures of himself but rather prefer to fill the gallery with landscapes, portraits and any random things. I always find taking pictures of my travels and food trips fascinating for it does provide me such satisfaction. It's like a refreshment in my mind that every time I browse my gallery, the photos bring back the moments when I took it and the people I was with during those times. Don't deny, but you know what I'm talking about. :)

Since I don't have a huge camera, such that DSLR and the like, I rely on my smartphone all the time. And I'm proud that all of the images I've shared in this website were all taken using my smartphone and nothing else, not including the photos that I just borrowed. Enough of the blab, I'll be explaining to you how I take pictures using my smartphone.

In a recent trip I had which happened to be the prenup pictorial of my sister who just got married last month, I took the opportunity to take pictures of the unfamiliar place we were in, well in my case. 

It was definitely my first time at Initao-Libertad Protected Landscape and Seascape so you could imagine how I was amazed with the place. A forest that seemed untouched, so quiet that the singing birds and roaring waves are the only sounds you can hear. And there's this specific spot where I fell in love instantly.


You can get to witness this very scene at a near roofed shed, just beyond a cemented fence. I just stood there for a couple of minutes holding my smartphone, trying to figure out the perfect angle to take a picture of it. And since I am fond of balanced and symmetrical things, I focused my eyes on the horizon where the sky meet the vast sea on the background and made it sure that it is almost to perfect horizontal. And then tapped on the screen of my phone to find that perfect lighting. For a few shots, I was able to take this very shot. And my trip was fulfilled. It was really overwhelming.

Then we moved farther and arrived at a stunning cliff that was not fenced. That scene looked romantic and dramatic at the same time. Unfortunately, my smartphone's battery was drained for I wasn't able to bring a mobile bank and even forgot to bring the cord. A bit sad for I wasn't able to capture more shots that day, however, that very scene which became my favorite did satisfy me and completed my trip. I'm looking forward to visiting the place again in the near future.

So basically, I only tweak my smartphone a bit whenever I take pictures. Then I just consider the angle and the lighting, and of course the subject. You can have many shots as possible and just pick that one you think is the best among your captures.

Since DSLR is expensive in which I can't afford in the mean time, my smartphone will remain as my buddy until that time I can own one of those large cameras. *fingers-crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment