Tuesday, May 17, 2016

MBB Frozen Factory's Halo-Halo: Classic Filipino Desserts Introduced

"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert."
~ Jason Love

Nothing beats classic Filipino desserts. Leche Flan, Maja Blanca, Yema, Buko Salad, Mango Float, Bibingka, Cassava Cake and what have you. Some of these were inspired from foreign countries yet we own them by the taste. There will always be a distinct flavor only we- the Filipinos- can bring out from a specific dessert.

To add with the long list of Filipino desserts that we grew up with, especially during special occasions, is the Halo-Halo. It is a popular Filipino dessert which portions of shaved ice, evaporated milk, and various ingredients such as sweet beans, sago, gulaman, tubers and fruits all contained in a bowl or tall glass. To effectively enjoy it, one must mix all of the ingredients well so that flavors will combine.

Last April 29, 2016, MBB Frozen Factory posted a contest promo on Facebook where one can enjoy either of their Halo-Halo or Mais con Yelo desserts. The mechanics was very easy so my friend was able to comply with it. It was necessary to tag a friend and luckily, I was chosen by my friend. To our surprise, we won together with the other participants.

Missy Bon Bon's Frozen Factory is located at the 3rd Level of Centrio Mall, near the cinemas. Sandwiched between Kenko Naicha Tea Lounge and Oro Shawarma. It is a sister brand of Missy Bon Bon which is famous with their breads and pastries, as well as their well-loved gelato. Carrying their signature gelato is MBB Frozen Factory which also offers crepes, sundaes and other cool products.

Adding to their cool dessert line-up are Mais con Yelo and Halo-Halo, both known as classic Filipino desserts. Some of which you can also buy at the streets by side vendors, and now MBB Frozen Factory is selling it, but an upgraded version.

My friend and I met right at MBB Frozen Factory's store. Our smiles that time were bigger than ever. LOL. Then my friend just showed her ID to the woman on the counter for identification purposes and then we were told to wait while they were preparing our Halo-halos. Few minutes has passed, our Halo-halos were then served, lying on top our table. What a divine sight to see. :D




In my heightened bowl, there were the sweet beans, sago, nata de coco, gulaman, kaong, ube, leche flan, sweetened saba, small wafer stick, waffle chip, langka and corn flakes, with the shaved ice under. And the superstar, ube gelato on top of them all. Same portions were given to my friend. We were delighted! :D

As what I have mentioned earlier, it would be better to mix all of the ingredients to combine the flavors. And it didn't disappoint. The milk was very creamy, and the flavor of each of the ingredients were so tasty. It really tasted like heaven in my mouth. Even uttered "yum" every time I took a spoonful of it. One last thing that also made me like MBB Frozen Factory's Halo-Halo is that the shaved ice was served with just enough portion. Like!

I'm so very thankful to my friend "Pretzel" for tagging me in her post. It also served as our bonding time. Just the right treat to keep our conversation going on. We really enjoyed the Halo-Halo.

And for that Mais con Yelo, will try it soon!




All images shown in this blog post are owned by the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment