Tuesday, November 24, 2015

When in Cagayan de Oro: Be With Nature at Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Park

 
"Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced."

~John Keats
 I can no longer accurately remember the times that I was able to travel to far places. But I know that I've been to Marantao, Lanao del Sur and maybe Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur. I'm still unsure because I was too young then. But the memories that I was at those places kept on coming back. At least, I can still remember a bit of where I've been before. And that sooner, I'll be able to travel more. Fingers crossed!


Last month, on October 17, 2015, the company that I was currently employed held a team building activity at Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Park. Yes. You heard it right. Dahilayan can become your option for Team Building. Especially when your company or group is situated in Cagayan de Oro City, the venue is just an almost three-ride away. Located at Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, Philippines.



I won't be tackling about how our team building went on but about the views, the rides, and more about Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Park.

So basically, Dahilayan is consisted of two parks. The Adventure Park and the Forest Park. Both parks are separate businesses. True. But they are not competing with each other.

Dahilayan Adventure Park

This park offers extreme and exciting rides, and being popular with their Zipline rides. Other rides are Dropzone 120 ft Freefall Ride, Flying Lizard Canopy Glider, Python Roller Zipride, Ropes Course and Skytower Base Jump. The prices of the rides ranges from P200 to P750.


Python Roller Zipride
Ropes Course
All images posted in this blog post are owned by the author.
Dropzone 120 ft Freefall Ride
Some of my officemates, including our boss dared to do this Dropzone. It looks very fun but I don't know if it feels the same when you are already lifted at 120 ft from the ground. And as an acrophobic person, I don't know. i just don't know. Just seeing them on high cause shivers on my spine. LOL

Skytower Base Jump
I witnessed some of the individuals that tried to conquer this Skytower Base Jump. I really admire their bravery. Freefall is a big deal. I'll definitely pass to this ride. :D

There are also mini-shops located here to cater your thirst and hunger. From teas, coffees, soft drinks, snacks, etc. Later in the afternoon, sweet corns are being sold by locals.




Fore more information about the rides and bookings, you can visit their official website.

Dahilayan Forest Park

This park offers also offers heart-pumping rides but the place is more family-friendly having cottages, larger cafe area and other amenities. Mentioning rides they have Forest Luge, ATV and Buggy Trail Adventure, Barrel Train, Bungee Bounce and Net Trampoline, Hanging Bridge, Forest Putt Mini Golf, Zorb and Treetop Adventure. And their newest addition is the Bumper Boats.


Forest Luge
I am the one riding this luge ride. :D It was really fun. You don't have to be a skilled driver to be able to run this. You just have to know how to maneuver the vehicle.


Hanging Bridge
Before arriving at Dahilayan, I've wanted to try this Hanging Bridge. Had a goal to conquer all of the hanging bridges in the Philippines and seems I'm 2% done. :D


Zorb
It was my honor to share this Zorb with our boss. Really, it had my heartbeat racing. I couldn't remember how my screaming was but all I know is that I really enjoyed this ride. Definitely one of those extreme activity that I won't forget just like my first white water rafting adventure. :D


Treetop Adventure
Bumper Boats
They also have amenities such as the Forest Cafe, Function Areas, Game Room, Grizzly Bar, Jacuzzi, Picnic Grounds, Forest Animals and Playground, Ponds and Lagoon and Souvenir Shop.


Forest Cafe
Forest Cafe Area
Cottages
All images posted in this blog post are owned by the author.
Picnic Grounds

Lagoon
When decided to stay longer at Dahilayan Forest Park, they have accommodations with rooms starting from Standard, Deluxe, Family Suites to Forest Annex. Avail any of the rooms and you'll get 10% off on all rides and a free entrance. Check their website for more information and bookings.

I had a lot of first times at Dahilayan. It was my first time to ride that Forest Luge, to spin around in that Zorb, and to view what Dahilayan has to offer. And hopefully, I can have my second and lots of times to spend there. Of course with family and friends.



And if ever you're asking how was our team building. Well, our team building ended successfully. Just like other team building activities, I can say we've improved as a team.

Whether you are into extreme activities, nature-viewing, or just to enjoy spending time with your loved ones, Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Park will always be your best choice. Even if you're with your friends or even by yourself, there can never be excuses not to visit Dahilayan. So whenever you get to Cagayan de Oro, you must not miss the adventures of Dahilayan.



No comments:

Post a Comment