Friday, November 13, 2015

Restaurant Damaso Cagayan de Oro: A Place for A Simple Family Food Tripping

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."

~George Bernard Shaw
One of the things that I get excited about is definitely trying new food. Well, it's not literally new food but is new to me which others might have already tasted it. Let's say for an example, Eggs Benedict. It is new to me because I haven't tasted it yet but a lot of others, specifically Americans, have had of it already. Enough explaining. Well, at least, I made myself clear. LOL


Sikwate Ice Cream with Coconut Snow
Have you heard about the so called Sikwate Ice Cream? It is an ice cream powdered with Coconut Snow. If you haven't heard of this dessert yet, bring with you your friends to Restaurant Damaso, only in Cagayan de Oro City.



Restaurant Damaso can be located where Mom’s Corner Restaurant was formerly homed, at Pabayo corner Toribio Chavez Streets (ground floor of Casa Crystalla). They serve a wide range of international dishes, from Sweet Italian Sausage, Spaghetti Vongole, Fuego To Go Ribs, to Cerveza Ice Cream with Burnt Honeycomb. And the list goes on.


Steamed Mussels with Brown Butter
I met Sikwate Ice Cream in an article from a CdeO lifestyle blog which featured Restaurant Damaso. Not exaggerating, but I was really curious about how it tastes like. Just so glad because one of my friends decided to have desserts in Restaurant Damaso. D-E-S-S-E-R-T. This word is much exciting to hear I tell you! Though we were after their desserts that time, these were what we ordered: Steamed Mussels with Brown Butter, Cerveza Ice Cream with Burnt Honey Comb, Cream Cheese Ice Cream and two servings of Sikwate Ice Cream with Coconut Snow.


Steamed Mussels on my plate :D
I'm not really fond of eating shelled seafoods such as this mussels but I ended loving the dish. Soft, chewy and buttery.
Cerveza Ice Cream with Burnt Honeycomb
You might be wondering we ordered a lot of ice cream which is not for dinner, well, just to let you know we already had our dinner at a near food stall, Donatello's Kitchen. So Steamed Mussels was just right, and then ice cream marathon! LOL. We then tried their Cerveza Ice Cream. I enjoyed its distinct taste. And the burnt honeycomb, it tasted like meringue to me. A must-try!

Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Then Cream Cheese Ice Cream was next. Hmm. Well, it tasted too sour for me. But still, we were able to empty the plate. Meaning, we still loved it. :D

Sikwate Ice Cream with Coconut Snow
And last but not the least, the STAR, in my opinion is Sikwate Ice Cream with Coconut Snow. I used to always drink hot sikwate at my grandmother's place during mornings, and that I really enjoy it. As well as this Sikwate Ice Cream! The sweet taste of the ice cream, the sticky caramel under it and the sprinkles of powdered snow complements each other. Definitely one of the desserts that I like so far in my life. And no doubt, this is going to be my forever favorite whenever I get to dine at Restaurant Damaso. Have a taste, then you'll know what I'm talking about. :D

Aside of the food, what's best in this restaurant is that you are able to meet the owners, for they serve what you ordered themselves.

Restaurant Damaso left an impression to me with that Sikwate Ice Cream. But I know that there are more of their dishes that I must try. I tell you, to taste is to believe! Head on to Restaurant Damaso today and have a taste of their proud dishes. I am also proud about them. Only in Cagayan de Oro! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment